For many of us, Christmas is like a second birthday. We are hypnotically lured by the seductive marketing sirens of mindless consumption: “You have the power to make the video-game player on your list very merry this holiday season with a brand new _________!” Unfortunately, the promises of life-fulfillment and meaning are never realized. The newness eventually wears off and we seek the next new, best thing. And by buying into these false promises of consumerism, we continue to feed our self-focused, materialist addictions.
The truth is… Christmas has been hijacked. We have professed allegiance to Jesus but celebrate his birth by showering gifts upon ourselves. This year, let’s remember that Christmas is not your birthday; it’s Jesus’ birthday!
Join us as we re-orient our lives around Jesus’ call to be givers this Christmas season!
- November 24 // “Christmas Is Not Your Birthday” (Adam Jones)
- December 1 // “Expect A Miracle” (Adam Jones)
- December 8 // “Giving Up On Perfect” (Adam Jones)
- December 15 // “Scandalous Love” (Adam Jones)
- December 22 // “Jesus’ Wish List” (Adam Jones)
- December 29 // “By A Different Road” (Jason Galley)